In Zermatt skiing is available 365 days a year, so Zermatt is always ‘open’ on the 21km of pistes of the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. However, the rest of the ski area will officially open for the 2023/24 winter season on 02 December 2023.
Zermatt Winter Opening Date – 02 December 2023
The formal opening date for winter 2023/24 in Zermatt is 02 December 2023.
The full lift opening schedule will be linked here in due course. Most lifts will remain open until 23 April 2024.
Zermatt-Cervinia ‘Speed Opening’ Downhill
In November 2023, Zermatt and Cervinia will host the first World Cup downhill race of the season in Europe from Gobba di Rollin to Laghi Cime Bianche. You can read full details in our blog post, detailed below.
Zermatt Unplugged in 2024
Zermatt Unplugged is back from 09-13 April 2024. We will update our website with details of acts playing when they are announced.
You can find out about Zermatt Unplugged 2023 here:
New investments in Zermatt
- November 2023: New Zermatt to Furi lift is scheduled to open
- July 2023: The ‘Matterhorn Glacier Paradise II’ from Testa Grigia-Klein Matterhorn opened
- June 2022: The cabins on the Matterhorn Express were upgraded
- May 2022: The Zermatt to Furi cable car is being upgraded
- May 2022: New trains are being added to the Gornergrat mountain railway
- Dec 2021: The Kumme gondola celebrated its first anniversary
Accommodation in Zermatt
If you would like to come and enjoy our wonderful resort this winter, then please contact Ed or Suzanne at Matterhorn Chalets.