In Zermatt skiing is usually available 365 days a year, so Zermatt is always ‘open’ on the 21km of pistes of the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. However, the rest of the ski area will officially open for the 2022/23 winter season on 03 December 2022.
Zermatt Winter Opening Date – 03 December 2022
The formal opening date for winter 2022/23 in Zermatt is 03 December 2022. You can view the full lift opening schedule here. Most lifts will remain open until 23 April 2023.
Zermatt-Cervinia ‘Speed Opening’ Downhill
In October 2023, Zermatt and Cervinia will host the first World Cup downhill race of the season in Europe from Gobba di Rollin to Laghi Cime Bianche.
Safety Measures & International Entry Requirements
Neither masks nor proof of vaccination are required in Switzerland.
Zermatt Unplugged in 2023
Zermatt Unplugged is back from 11-15 April 2023. We will update our website with details of acts playing when they are announced.
New investments in Zermatt
- The ‘Alpine Crossing’ from Testa Grigia-Klein Matterhorn is due to open in spring 2023
- June 2022: The cabins on the Matterhorn Express have been upgraded
- May 2022: The Zermatt to Furi cable car is being upgraded
- May 2022: New trains are being added to the Gornergrat mountain railway
- Dec 2021: The Kumme gondola celebrated its first anniversary
Accommodation in Zermatt
If you would like to come and enjoy our wonderful resort this winter, then please contact Ed or Suzanne at Matterhorn Chalets.